St Patrick’s is a Catholic school community centred on the example and teachings of Jesus.
At St Patrick’s School we:
- Celebrate our religion and spirituality,
- Respect and care for each other,
- Empower students to face challenges and achieve.
Staff, parents and students of St Patrick’s Lochinvar form an educational community in the Catholic tradition of the order of the Sisters of St Joseph. This is characterised by:
- obedience to the command of Jesus to “love God and love one another”;
- nurturing of our students so that they can experience God’s love through the care and concern of teachers and fellow students;
- an environment and curriculum permeated with the Gospel values of love, justice and tolerance;
- a spirit of prayer, reflection and participation in community liturgies where students are encouraged to develop a personal relationship with God;
- an appreciation of each student’s qualities, talents, achievements and right to be different;
- an active partnership between home, school and Parish;
- daily Religious Education lessons to develop our students’ knowledge and understanding of the traditions, beliefs and values of our Catholic faith;
- fostering responsibility and care for the environment.
Education is a lifelong process. The knowledge, values and skills that students gain at St Patrick’s will provide the foundations for future learning.