As a Parish Primary School of the Diocese of Maitland/Newcastle we follow the Guidelines for enrolment to school which were formulated by the Catholic Schools Office.
St Patrick’s aims to establish a common, consistent approach to enrolment by:
- Providing enrolment, where possible, for all Catholic children who seek enrolment.
- Catering for the individual needs of each child equitably within the constraints of the available teaching and material resources.
- Encouraging parents enrolling their children in Catholic schools to give support to parish and school life, especially in education in the Faith.
In accordance with these guidelines a Parish Enrolment Committee is established and “the implementation of this enrolment policy at the local level” is the responsibility of this committee.
For each parish primary school the School Enrolment Committee must consist of:
- The Parish Priest or delegate
- The School Principal
- The School Assistant Principal
- A Catholic parent nominated by the Schools Parents & Friends Association
Meetings are convened by the Principal as the need arises.
- Procedures to be followed will be those set out by the CSO.
- The enrolment period for Catholic Schools of the Diocese opens in Catholic Schools’ Week. (Term 1 of each year)
- Students for Kindergarten are enrolled at the beginning of each school year.
- Non-Catholics must apply for enrolment through the Principal stating the reasons for wishing to seek enrolment in our Catholic school.
- The Parish Enrolment committee make final decisions re enrolment of students and, through the Principal, notifies parents.
- If non-catholic pupils are enrolled in our school, it is mandatory for them to participate in the normal Religious Education lessons and other activities associated with the school’s Religious Education Program.
Please contact the school to receive more detailed information regarding enrolment at St. Patrick's Catholic Primary School.